- Name: Joel Foighel
- Birth Place: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Star Sign: Capricorn
- Languages: Danish, English
- Hobbies: Dancing, Fishing
How it started
Joel started dancing in 2002 when he was just 9 simply because his brother was b-boying and he thought it looked cool. He started taking classes at Flow Dance Academy. For the first three years it was b-boying only once a week but then he took lockin’ classes for about a year and later on added house dancing and hip hop.
At the age of 13 he began to take dancing more seriously and practice b-boying more than once a week but it all came to an abrupt end when at the age of 15 he injured his shoulder. He was forced to take a few months’ break. Then he started high school and didn’t have the time to take many dance classes but still tried to stick to one a week. However school took priority and sometimes he had to take a few months’ break due to school workload or further injuries.
Joel finished high school in 2011 and has been dancing every week since then.
So far despite his young age he has taken part in quite a few shows and battles and has also been teaching kids aged 5-12 at Stepz Dance Studio in his hometown of Copenhagen for over 3 years. He also taught at Flow Dance Academy in the same city.
His professional portfolio include:
- dancing at Fashion Week in Copenhagen (Vero Moda and Jack & Jones)
- Roskilde Festival in Denmark in 2011
- promo video for Displaced Expressions (Danish Hip Hop festival)
- a TV commercial, dancing in “PerlerÃ¦kken” at NÃ¸rrebro Theatre
- dancing in a play at Edison Theatre and Betty Nansen Theatre in 2010/11.
He accomplished a lot on the dance battle scene as well:
- Semi finals in Copenhagen Street Festival 2vs2 2011
- Quarter final at 1vs1 Rocksteady anniversary 2010
- show battle at Danish DJ awards
- top 3 at Hip Hop international Denmark 2010
- semi finals Transformator B-Boy battle in Aalborg 2012
Coming from a Caribbean family...
At 4 years old, she started off learning...
Graham has been dancing since...
A relative latecomer to dance...
Siegfried is a member of the Imperial...
The passion & interest in dance...
First started b-boying back in late 2005...
Omar’s stage name was given to him...
Started dancing in early 2003 after...
Started breaking in 2000 taking classes...
Started dancing in 2002 when he was just 9...